Today, Oracle has announced the release of two new ODA configurations squarely targeted at the S in SMB. I blogged about this back on June 9th here. A few differences to note:
- Two new commands replace oakcli (oakcli is gone).
- odacli – perform “lifecycle” activities for the ODA appliance (provisioning and configuring)
- odaadmcli – administer and configure the running appliance attributes
- All new web based user interface used to deploy appliance. Command line obviously still available but not required anymore to deploy.
- No more virtualization or shared storage on the Small and Medium configuration
I’m not sure if I’ll have a chance to lay hands on the new hardware any time soon but if I do I’ll definitely give first impressions here!